Get Married In Your Own Castle !
For Irish castle weddings you can now hire Ballyhannon Castle exclusively if you would like the entire castle to yourselves, your celebrant and guests.
Many now prefer not to get married in a Civil Registry Office (which may be regarded as a somewhat less than romantic venue, where apparently couples must be in and out within 30 minutes), or even a church, and Ballyhannon Castle has rapidly gained a great reputation as a very special venue for Irish castle weddings for couples worldwide (and click here to see their reviews on TripAdvisor).
We have had the pleasure of assisting many couples from all over the world organize their own Irish castle weddings and special family events well before they set foot in Ireland. Kim & Nathan celebrated their special day with us last Winter, and have kindly allowed us to show their amazing wedding video here on our site, which you can view by clicking here (and they stressed to 'make sure your volume is on and use the full screen button in the bottom right corner!'). It shows some lovely footage of Kim & Nathan preparing for the ceremony in the castle, making their vows, the 'breaking of bread' and 'raising of glasses' in the castle afterwards, and other local historic heritage sites they visited in the making of their video.
Memorable life occasions are synonymous with Ballyhannon Castle, and will be delighted to provide all booked lead guests with details of any of the following local sevice providers whom you might consider using for your special day:
- airport information (departures at Shannon International Airport is only 15 minutes from Ballyhannon castle)
- antique shops
- attractions in the region, e.g. Cliffs of Moher
- banquets (at nearby Bunratty and Knappogue Castles)
- B & B’s
- barman and bar onsite (and barrels of Guinness!)
- beauty salons/beauticians
- bike hire
- boating in Killaloe and Mountshannon
- cake makers
- candle suppliers
- car hire
- Celtic Monk to be married by medieval Celtic wedding ceremony
- cell phones to use while you're here
- coach and minibus hire
- dress-hire (formal, e.g. black-tie)
- gas stations
- gift shops
- world renowned golf course nearby (e.g. Ballybunion, Lahinch, Doonbeg, etc.)
- heritage sites
- horse drawn carriage
- holiday cottages and other self catering Clare properties for rent
- hotels (we sleep 20+, so if you have more in your party, we have special rates agreed with local hotels)
- internet (mobile broadband which you can bring around with you each day)
- jaunting car
- limousine hire
- liquor stores (known here as 'off-licences')
- Marriage Registrar (Civil)
- marquee suppliers
- musicians - have your own banquet at Ballyhannon Castle! We will organise the musicians of your choice!
- post offices
- riding school for horse-riding, as well as using horses / ponies in your wedding photos
- supermarkets and small shops for your own shopping needs (self-catering vacation rental)
- surfing schools, locations and shops
- tourist office in Ennis for tourist information
- tourist shops for souvenirs
- wedding confectionary
- wedding / event coordinators
- wine supplier
Ballyhannon Castle sleeps 20+ (with some futons for more), and can accommodate marquee weddings and catered events for special occasions for up to 150 seated . Ballyhannon Castle is a double property - The Castle sleeps 10+ in four bedrooms (three of which have antique four poster beds), while the adjacent 19th century Coach House (of equal size, character and facilities as the Castle) also sleeps up to 10 more. Guests have found that these two completely separate accommodations are ideal for the individual privacy and comfort of the families of both the bride and groom, or just to have the "youngsters" in one and the "oldies" in the other!
©2004 Ballyhannon Castle, Quin, County Clare, Ireland